Program and Schedule
Morning practice – Monday thru Friday
- 6:15 zazen
- 7:05 service
- 5 July, Saturday, “Open Garden” 9:00am-5:00pm
- 6 July, Sunday, Zazen with Pompe, Sensei, 9:00 am- 12:00 noon
- 6 July, Sunday, calligraphy class from 1pm to 3 pm
- 20 July, Sunday, Shikantaza with Gil, 9:00 am – 12:00 noon
- 23 July, Wednesday, – 27 July, Sunday, Sesshin
Shikantaza are practice periods of zazen and kinhin, from 9:00-12 noon
Zazen with Pompe is a mix of zazen, kinhin, instruction and Dharma talks with Sensei Pompe Vidal.
Zazenkai are micro sesshins on Saturday. The schedule begins at 6:00 am and ends at 9:30 pm with zazen, kinhin, dokusan (interview with the teacher) and three oryoki meals, a work period, and tea. An $85 donation is requested.
Sesshin is an extended group retreat for three to eight days. It includes evening Dharma talks, oryoki meals, dokusan (interviews with the teacher), and instruction. A $55 a day donation is requested for food and lodging.
Special celebrations open to all, including children.
Additional programs will be added throughout the year. Please check this website periodically for additions. These will include workshops in calligraphy, garden design, niwaki tree trimming, flower arranging and other zen arts, as well as exhibitions of art and zen performance art – poetry and music.
- 3 August, Sunday, Zazen with Pompe, Sensei, 9:00 am – 12:00 noon
- 17 August, Sunday, Shikantaza with Gil, 9:00 am – 12:00 noon
- 7 September, Sunday, Zazen with Pompe, Sensei, 9:00 am – 12:00 noon
- 21 September, Sunday, Shikantaza with Gil, 9:00 am – 12:00 noon
- 26 September, Friday- 28 September, Sunday, Zazenkai, 5:00 pm Friday -10:00 am Sunday
- 5 October, Sunday, Zazen with Pompe, Sensei, 9:00am-12:00noon
- 19 October, Sunday, Shikantaza with Gil, 9:00am-12:00noon.
- 24 October, Friday-26 October, Sunday, Zazenkai, 5:00 pm Friday – 10:00 am Sunday
- 2 November, Sunday, Zazen with Pompe, Sensei, 9:00am-12:00noon.
- 16 November, Sunday, Shikantaza with Gil, 9:00 am-12:00 noon.
- 21 November, Friday- 23 November, Sunday, Zazenkai
- 7 December, Sunday, Zazen with Pompe, Sensei, 9:00am-12:00 noon.
- 10 December, Wednesday- 14 December, Sunday, Rohatsu Sesshin.
- 21 December, Sunday, Winter Solstice Shikantaza, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.